BVEP updates and other material of interest (Feb 2022)
Reminder – On the homepage of the BVEP website, as well as boxes signposting to the latest information on Government Reopening Guidance and Covid-19 related information, you find boxes on latest information on:
- The One Industry Once Voice Campaign / #WeMakeEvents
- Brexit guidance.
BVEP Press Release / Latest Event Apprenticeships Programme News
BVEP to re-ignite the Events Industry Apprenticeship Scheme, 9 Feb.
PCMA EMEA 2022 Engagement Survey, 4 Feb.
EIF – Vision2025 Impact Report 2021, 7 Feb. (Also under Best Practice < Sustainability)
EIF – Steve Heap reflects on 2021 and instils confidence for 2022, 15 Feb.
CoreCities – One Young World Announces Manchester as 2022 Host City, 18 Feb.
OIOV Taskforce Update (w-e 18.02.2022), 18 Feb.
Welcome presentations at MeetGB 2022, 21 Feb.
NOEA – Red Diesel Letter to the Chancellor, 2 Mar.
EIB – New Remit and Minutes of Meeting (01.02.2022), 15 Feb.
Best Practice – Sustainability News
Event Sector in UNFCCC Race to Zero Accelerator Programme, 17 Feb.
Tourism Alliance Update – Benefits of Brexit document, 01 Feb
Material shared with Partners along with TIER and Tourism Alliance Updates
3 February 2022 – PCMA EMEA 2022 Engagement Survey.
7 February 2022 – Vision2025 Impact Report 2021; Press release on VAT; Event Apprenticeships Programme.
9 February 2022 – Event Apprenticeships Programme Press Release ‘BVEP to re-ignite the Events Industry Apprenticeship Scheme.
15 February 2022 – Financial Impact Survey; Events Industry Board; EIF/AFO article.
24 February 2022 – Letter to the Chancellor from the office of the President of NOEA relating to Red Diesel Legislation; Youtube links to the MeetGB Virtual Welcome Videos.
5 Feb – AFO Annual Conference (virtual)
9 Feb – Tourism Society Prospects Event (virtual)
15 Feb – ‘MeetGB Virtual’ 2022
8-9 Mar – EPS 2022 and NOEA
8-9 Mar – International Confex 2022
8-10 Mar – ITB Berlin Convention 2022 (Digital)
24 May – BVEP Full Partners Meeting
31 May – 2 June – IMEX Frankfurt
29-30 June – The Meetings Show
20 Sep – BVEP Full Partners Meeting
11-13 Oct – IMEX America
29 Nov – BVEP Full Partners Meeting
29 Nov – 1 Dec – IBTM World
Material shared along TIER and Tourism Alliance Updates
3 February 2022
- PCMA EMEA 2022 Engagement Survey – We would also like to draw your attention to PCMA EMEA 2022 Engagement Survey and ask you to please complete the survey and distribute to your members. PCMA has kindly offered to share the findings with BVEP Partners as these may assist others in the offering to members and audience. The deadline for completion is Wednesday 9th February. The survey link is available here.
7 February 2022
- The Vision2025 Impact Report 2021, partly funded by EIF – available here.
- Press release on VAT – ‘Cut VAT to save £4.6bn and ‘level up’, industry bodies urge Government’.
- Event Apprenticeships Programme – please note that a page for the programme has been created on the BVEP website where press releases/news will be posted as the programme progresses. Dedicated BVEP website page: https://www.businessvisitsandeventspartnership.com/diversity-talent/event-apprenticeships. You will find details of key contacts and how to register your interest if you wish to get involved.