The BTA Partner Grant Thornton, is holding an Autumn Statement Analysis Webinar on Nov 23rd 2:30pm. They are inviting anyone who would like attend, to register via this link : Webinar: Autumn Statement analysis | Grant Thornton UK LLP
Here is a summary of what to expect:
Pace of fiscal announcements and a dramatic leadership change have increased uncertainty. Join our panel who will analyse what the Autumn Statement could mean for the UK’s economic outlook.
As the government aims to manage recent turbulence and plug the funding gap, we’re offering two sessions that cover the public and private sectors, and how the announcements impact them.
Private Sector Session: Our panel will discuss announcements made in the Autumn Statement and the impact of any new tax measures on businesses and individuals, including:
- a tax policy overview and reflections on economic climate and outlook
- potential further reform to cash-generative incentives, including capital allowances and R&D
- announcements impacting multinational businesses
- employment tax reforms, including any reforms to incentivise business investment in skills, e.g. the apprenticeship levy
- other steps you can take to build and strengthen business resilience
Public sector session: Public sector leaders are having to make decisions against a backdrop of unprecedented political and economic pressures. Our panel will discuss:
- the economic context and its implications for policy
- energy markets and the government’s evolving plans for support
- the state of local government finances and how transformation will be key
- opportunities and challenges for health and social care
- impact on infrastructure and capital investment