- Voting for Tourism Alliance Directors
First, a reminder that voting for Tourism Alliance Directors closes at 5pm on 23rd May. If you have not done so already, could you get your ballot paper back to me by then.
- WTTC Forecast Of UK Tourism Growth
The WTTC has published a new report which predicts that the UK’s Travel & Tourism’s contribution to GDP will grow at an average rate of 3% per annum over the next 10 years compared to average growth of just 1.7% per annum for the UK economy as a whole. Their research forecasts that the revenue generated by the sector will reach £286 billion by 2032 and will be 10.1% of the UK’s GDP. In doing this it will generate an average of 70,000 new jobs each year.
- New Fire Safety Act Guidance
This new guidance will be of interest to businesses that have staff accommodation on site. The new Fire Safety Act 2021 came into effect on 16th May 2022 and amends the Fire Safety Order to clarify that, in buildings with two or more sets of domestic premises, the Fire Safety Order applies to these two elements:
• the structure and external walls of the building, including cladding, balconies and windows
• all doors between the domestic premises and the common parts (e.g. entrance doors to individual flats which open on to common parts)
The effect of the Act is to require businesses to update their fire risk assessments if they have buildings with two or more sets of domestic premises so that they take account of structure, external walls and doors.