- 10 Point Plan For Aviation
The Government has launched it’s 10 Point plan for aviation. The 10 Points are:
- Recover, learn lessons from the pandemic and sustainably grow the sector
- Enhance the UK’s global aviation impact and leadership
- Support growth in airport capacity where it is justified, ensuring that capacity is used in a way that delivers for the UK
- Put the sector on course to achieve Jet Zero by 2050
- Capture the potential of new technology and its uses
- Unlock local benefits and level up
- Unleash the potential of the next generation of aviation professionals
- Make the UK the best place in the world for General Aviation
- Improve the consumer experience
- Retain our world-leading record on security and safety with a world-leading regulator
These are all very worthwhile objectives but what is really needed to accompany this document is an Action Plan that details how these objectives are going to be achieved.
- Student Group Travel Survey
Work is continuing with UKinbound, BETA, English UK and the Institute for Tourist Guiding on finding a solution to the problems being caused by the post Brexit requirement for all students coming to the UK to have individual passports. As part on this we have just launched a survey of European outbound operators to quantify the scale of the problem and provide further evidence to DCMS to support their discussions across Government.
Here is a link to the survey – this is just for information, please don’t complete it. The results will be analysed next week and I will send them round to everyone.