We would like to inform you of two open call for evidence and consultation. If this is relevant to you and you are able to help, we encourage you to engage please:
- Call for evidence from the Department for Business and Trade on Swiss-UK inbound mobility – Response by 22nd November. The Department would be very grateful to receive further evidence from the events sector, so it would be extremely appreciated if you could please send out the below questions to your stakeholders. Questions that require a response – Link here.
NOTE FROM MICHAEL:
- These questions, being aimed specifically at business events, will primarily need to be answered by individual businesses in the respective sectors of exhibitions & trade fairs, meetings and conventions and business travel.
- Partners affected by this issue should please consult with their members and send back coordinated responses.
- However if any of your members have a specific interest in the Swiss market and would wish to be more fully engaged in the response, please let us know so we can suggest these businesses are further consulted.
- Open Consultation from the Department for Business and trade on UK / Turkey Free Trade Agreement – The government is seeking views from businesses and the wider public on UK negotiation objectives for a new trade agreement with Turkey. The press release is available here, and the call for views can be found here.
Additionally, please find below some news for your information:
UKEVENTS Opinion – Sound Check: While music gets the spotlight, let’s ensure business and outdoor events aren’t left in the silent disco. Read here.
Events Apprenticeships (EA) – Webinar on embracing events apprenticeships on 23rd November (10-11am). Find out more and register here.
VisitBritain News – VisitBritain fearing up to host its first trade mission to China since 2019, led by Chairman Nick de Bois CBE. Read here.
Funding News – £5 million boost to grassroots music as Arts Council England delivers new music funding for Department for Culture, Media and Sport. Read here.
TA Weekly Update – 16th November 2023: English Tourism Week 2024: Save The Date – 19th March conference and reception | CMS Select Committee follow-up session on promoting Britain abroad | Baroness Doocey speaks on tourism in King’s Speech debate | Petition to bring back Eurostar train services to Kent | IEM and ITG joint working. Read here.