As most of the updates provided are covered by published guidance, we will not be circulating minutes for this meeting. The relevant official links are below:
- National Mourning Guidancefor the public and businesses on the period of National Mourning following the demise of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Lying-in-State will be taking place for the public between 17.00 on Wednesday 14 Sept until 6.30am on Monday 19 September. Guidance is available here.
- Guidance on travelling in and around central London during the period of mourning is also available.
- Ceremonial and events guidance following the death of Her Majesty The Queen – Monday 12 September 2022
In response to questions raised at the meeting:
- DCMS has advised that they have not ‘block-booked’ hotel rooms in London for the funeral of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- We will keep you posted about potential disruption to airspace but we have not heard anything yet
Tourism Alliance Update – 9th September: VB’s Industry-facing Website
VB is undertaking a three-year transformation programme, one part of which is considering the evolving needs of our target audiences including UK tourism businesses. At the moment, they are planning to rebuild their business websites in order to better meet the needs of people working in the industry. To do this, they looking to gather the views of Tourism Alliance members.
So if you want VB’s industry facing website to contain more of the information you and your members need, can you please complete the survey on the following link